Today...
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
...I enjoyed snuggling with my little boy and wearing sweats all day. Daniel even participated by suiting up in his own Spongebob hoodie and sweat pants.
...Jonathan came home early and we had lots of fun watching movies as a family. RV and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix were the feature presentations.
...I loved the fact that our weather boasted temperatures in the 60's with very low humidity. A welcome relief to yesterdays weather.
...our little boy took a very short morning nap and a very long afternoon nap.
...I thought a lot about whether this house is the one we will live in forever, or if we will look for something with more property someday. It is a big decision to make.
...we laughed a lot at our little dooders (our nickname for Daniel). He loves to smile, coo, and interact with us. I love this stage!
...I wanted to be intentional about enjoying the whole day for what it's worth. I'm trying this new thing where I look for the positive in everything and try to watch my reactions. Have you heard of this saying before, by Charles Swindoll:
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you. We are in charge of our attitudes.
Yup, I'm going to put this to the test. So far, it is so true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

Uncle Jeremy is proud of him having a spongebob hoodie :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a perfect day! We're enjoying our house hunting so far :) P.s. I'd love to see a finished nursery post!
ReplyDeleteYes Cristale!! I definitely need to do one :) I keep forgetting about it! Maybe it will happen for Thursday!
Delete