God Knows

Thursday, July 5, 2012

When you really start to struggle with something, God always seems to know.

Well of course He does!!!

Duh.

You just need to be aware of the little gifts that He is bringing you while you wait for the big things. In the grand scheme of things, the little gifts may not be important, but it is His way of showing His love. Is your heart open and ready to receive?

I have been struggling a bit over the past few months, but I have to say that God has been wrapping His loving arms around me and reminding me, in little ways, of His love for us. When I say "in little ways" I mean ways that would be insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Yet, when God provides for the small things, it becomes the perfect reminder of His faithfulness in the big things.

For instance, I don't know if you noticed our new bedspread in Tuesday's post.


And here is the bed made in a different way, with the same comforter. 


Plus, what do you think of our pretty new shower curtain and bath mat?



Isn't it all beautiful? Well, the bedspread, pillow shames, decorative pillow, euro pillow covers, a shower curtain, a bath mat, and an entire set of towels, were all given to us by our new friends! We have known this wonderful couple and their adorable son for about a month now and they have been an answer to prayers! God has blessed us and our church with their friendship. Plus, I have been thinking about replacing our shower curtain and bedding for awhile now and this gift was perfect! It definitely wasn't a need, and I was by no means praying for this, but God still provided!


Another thing that God has taken care of is a plumbing situation that arose recently. Jonathan informed me the other night, that our sewer was backing up into our basement. (I spared you a picture of our sewage and instead thought a picture of our basement door would be more acceptable---you can thank me now.)  I had horrible visions of a sewer issue that cost my parents thousands of dollars and was pretty worried that this sudden issue would bankrupt us. Thankfully, it had only been backing up for about a day, so not too much damage was done. Yet.

As we snuggled into bed that night, we asked God to let the whole thing become a non-issue by morning. Lo and behold, the next morning, when the plumber arrived, we spent $75 to have our drain snaked and everything is back to normal! Praise Jesus!

Finally, there are other things that have just been too coincidental to be luck. A friend contacting us at just the right time about some organic meat she is selling at a great price. A couple financially responsible options for chest freezers,  just popping up (in time to store all that meat). A queen mattress set, up for grabs, from a great couple we go to church with (a mattress that would be perfect for our future guestroom). Things falling into place for our first "grandparent's dinner" in our new house. The list could just go on and on.

One thing is for sure, God is so amazing and I cannot believe that He loves us as much as He does. I'm glad that He has opened my eyes to the wonderful "little things" that He provides us on a daily basis. It has really given me the right perspective. Even though we may be wishing something huge was very different, He will always provide for us and we should never doubt His love. That huge thing may be the next small thing to change.

You never know :)

3 comments :

  1. you are awesome! i love you! and i am also so thankful for our new friends and little Isaac :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I loved this post. It's such a praise to God when His children notice 'the little things.' Many miss those in life <3

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you think :) We always like feedback around here!